Ahh the big C word...
Commitment. The word that so many people run from. I was asked on
Facebook: Why are young men scared of commitment?
Friendship vs. Relationship This one was a hard one for me because I also asked
my self this plenty of times. Why because it's the same story:
I like you.
I like you too.
We should date.
Maybe
we should just be friends and see where it goes.
And then
it goes from being friends to friends with benefits. And then they
find another girl to be with and your stuck wondering what the hell is wrong
with you. Right?
Well why are men
afraid of commitment and ladies let’s be honest why can’t we commit. Well
looking online and at my passed relationships it all comes done to one word.
FEAR. I wonder if I hit a nerve with that? I hope so. Take your time and think…
Revaluate your past relationships. Ladies why did you begin to start
questioning his loyalty or why you searched through the reasons why you
shouldn’t be with him. Did you ever think why do I continue you to push him
away? This all comes back to that same word again right… Fear. Women are afraid
of getting hurt. Why wouldn’t we? Men cheat. Men lie. Women get hurt. So yes
women then fear commitment. So how did this become about women when the
question was about men. I’m a fair critique.
Women tend to assume that because men have so much pride
and because they are supposed to be designed to be strong that there is a word
that is not in their vocabulary… Fear. Ahh it all ties together men find it
hard to commit for the same reason why women start to push men away when things
get to deep.
Fear. Defined as an
unpleasant emotion caused by disbelief that something or someone is dangerous,
likely to cause pain or a threat. Should I break it down a tad bit? Fear is
defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by disbelief that someone is dangerous
likely to cause pain. Should I go further? Fear is a men falling in love with a
women that can be dangerous because they are likely to cause pain. Now will men
admit this? No. Can I myself admit that I am scared to fall in love? No.
Sometime I can’t. Why because I have been hurt. What people should remember is
that everything they experience in life good or bad leaves an emotional scar.
Fear. Defined as an
unpleasant emotion caused by disbelief that something or someone is dangerous,
likely to cause pain or a threat. Should I break it down a tad bit? Fear is
defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by disbelief that someone is dangerous
likely to cause pain. Should I go further? Fear is a men falling in love with a
women that can be dangerous because they are likely to cause pain. Now will men
admit this? No. Can I myself admit that I am scared to fall in love? No.
Sometime I can’t. Why because I have been hurt. What people should remember is
that everything they experience in life good or bad leaves an emotional scar.
Men and women both have pride and both get hurt in
relationships. So I can’t just write a blog saying men are afraid of commitment
because of this and that when personally women are just as afraid. Why because
women and men fear the one thing they cannot control… each other. To be honest
I can break down exactly why commitment is a fear of mine. Growing up as a
little girl the men in your life set the pavement of the path you begin to
follow when you begin choosing then men in your life. I believe I had great men
to look up to. I had a hard working granddad that definitely would give me the
world if he could. He died when I was Seven. Then there was my dad him and my
mom were not a couple but I saw him a lot I spent time with me. He took me to
my first dance. He died when I was Thirteen. I fear the uncertainty of life. Thus if I fall
in love with him we date, have kids, get married will he die early on. I was
raised the only child of a single mother and my one wish is to live with my
husband and kids for a very long time. But I can’t control that, so what to do?
My advice is to live life. You’re going to get hurt once or twice if we
continue to fear the unknown…love or Commitment. Will we really find happiness
that way? I don’t think so. So why are young men scared of commitment? The
question was answered when it was asked… fear. Have something to add don’t be
afraid to comment. Why do you think that men are scared to commit? Or if you
have a topic I can cover let me know.


No comments:
Post a Comment